I’m so grateful for the opportunity to join Beanfields Snacks as a food/recipe blogger. I’ll be writing up a more detailed post about why I love Beanfields, so I’ll keep this post to just sharing my first recipe for them that it also available on their site. This recipe for baked tofu fries is dairy-free, gluten-free, corn-free, and vegan!
I hope you enjoy!
Baked Tofu Fries
Ingredients (Serves 2)
Tofu – 1 package
Beanfields Nacho Chips- 1/3 bag (or another flavor you love!)
Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
Nutritional yeast – 2 tablespoons (more or less based on preference)
Sesame seeds – 1 teaspoon
Garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Onion powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Cayenne pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
Smoked paprika – 1/4 teaspoon
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon (a tad more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread the olive oil in baking sheet or baking dish.
- Slice the block of tofu into strips resembling French fries. Keep in mind that the thicker they are, the longer they will need to bake and if the strips are too thin, they make break apart as you try to handle them.
- With an oil brush, or something similar, brush the tofu strips with oil and place in baking sheet or dish.
- Crush the Beanfields chips until they are finely ground (can be done mortar-and-pestle-style or using a blender).
- Mix powders, ground chips, spices, salt, sesame seeds, and nutritional yeast in a bowl and, with a spoon, distribute the flavor mix onto the light oil-coated tofu strips. Be sure to not only coat one side of the strips with the mix.
- Spread out the tofu strips so they are not touching each other. Place coated tofu strips into the oven for 35-45 minutes (length of time depends on the quality/power of your oven).
- Enjoy with or without your favorite condiment(s)! My favorite is Valentina’s hot sauce!